Candle Care Instructions
Be candle-wise and practice the following safety precautions when burning Love Lucy Candles:
Wooden Wick Care
- When burning for the first time, hold the lighter where the wick meets the wax for about 5 seconds.
- When burning for the first time, the candle should burn for approximately one hour, or until a pool of wax forms across the full diameter of the candles.
- For a clean even burn, trim wick by gently cinching the charred wood on the very top before each burn.
General Candle Care
- Trim cotton wicks to 1/4 inch each time before burning.
- Extinguish a candle if it smokes, flickers repeatedly, or the flame becomes too high. The candle isn't burning properly and the flame isn't controlled. Let the candle cool, trim the wick, and then check for drafts before re-lighting.
- Don't burn Love Lucy Candles longer than 6 hours in one setting.
- Always keep a burning candle within sight.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire.
- Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets.
- Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
- Keep burning candles away from drafts, vents, ceiling fans and air currents.
- Always burn candles in a well-ventilated room.
- Don't burn a candle all the way down. Extinguish the flame if it comes too close to the holder or container. For a margin of safety, discontinue burning a candle when ½ inch of wax remains in a container.
- Never touch a burning candle or move a container candle when the wax is liquid.
- Never use a knife or sharp object to remove wax drippings from a glass holder.
- Place burning candles at least three inches apart from one another.
- Never extinguish candles with water.
- Be very careful if using candles during a power outage. Flashlights and other battery-powered lights are safer sources of light during a power failure.
- Make sure a candle is completely extinguished and the wick ember is no longer glowing before leaving the room.
- Never use a candle as a night light.